Please note that the poems and essays on this site are copyright and may not be reproduced without the author's permission.


Friday 3 March 2017

I love a man in a uniform

.

Jeff Sessions has recused himself from Russia inquiry; Earlier today, President Trump expressed "total" confidence in his Attorney General.: image via Stephen Crowley @Stcrow, 2 March 2017 
 

Air Force One at Andrews AFB. President Trump will travel today to Newport News for tour and briefing on board PCU Gerald R Ford CVN 78.: image via Stephen Crowley @Stcrow, 2 March 2017

Gang of Four: I Love a Man in a Uniform (1982)
 
Time with my girl I spent it well
I had to be strong for my woman
(You must be joking, o man you must be joking)
She needed to be protected
The good life was so elusive
Handouts, they got me down
I had to regain my self-respect
So I got into camouflage
The girls they love to see you shoot
I love a man in a uniform [Repeat: x4]
To have ambitions was my ambition
But I had nothing to show for my dreams
Time with my girl I spent it well
(you must be joking, o man you must be joking)
The good life was so elusive
Handouts, they got me down
I had to regain my confidence
So I got into camouflage
The girls they love to see you shoot
I love a man in a uniform [Repeat: x4]
I need an order
(shoot, shoot)
I need an order
(shoot, shoot)
I need an order
(shoot, shoot)
I need an order
(shoot, shoot)
To have ambition
Was my ambition
Time with my girl I spent it well
(you must be joking, o man you must be joking)
The girls they love to see you shoot
The girls they love to see you shoot
I love a man in a uniform
I love a man in a uniform
(they love to see you shoot)
I love a man in a uniform
The girls they love to see you shoot
I love a man in a uniform
(they love to see you shoot)
The girls they love to see you shoot
I love a man in a uniform
(they love a, they love a, they love a)
(they love to see you shoot)
The girls they love to see you shoot
(bang bang you're dead)
I love a man in a uniform
(they love a they love a they love a bang bang)
(they love to see you shoot)
The girls they love to see you shoot
I love a man in a uniform
(they love a they love a they love a bang bang)
(they love to see you shoot)
The girls they love to see you shoot
(bang bang you're dead)
I love a man in a uniform
(they love a they love a they love a bang bang)
(they love to see you shoot)
The girls they love to see you shoot
(bang bang you're dead)
(they love a, they love a, they love a)
(I love a man in a uniform)

Written by Andy Gill, Jon King
 

If the cap fits: Vietnam absentee Donald Trump's military look raises eyebrows: image via Shibley Telhami @ShibleyTelhami, 2 March 2017
 

@realDonaldTrump and Defense Sec Mattis board Air Force One en route Newport News, VA for tour and briefing of PCU Gerald R Ford CVN 78.: image via Stephen Crowley @Stcrow, 2 March 2017


DefSec Mattis waiting at steps of Air Force One to greet Pres Trump, joining him on trip to Newport News for visit to USS Gerald Ford.: image via Mark Knoller @markknoller, 2 March 2017
 

Sessions: Legal pot drives violent crime, statistics be damned: image via ThinkProgress @thinkprogress, 2 March 2017 
 

In his address, President Trump offered "miracles," but few details on how to achieve them.: image via NYT Politics @nytpolitics, 1 March 2017


@realDonaldTrump meets with @SpeakerRyan @SenMajLdr and congressional Republicans at White House after #speech: image via Jeff Mason @jeffmason1, 1 March 2017


"Memento quia pulvis es et in pulverem reverteris" #ashwednesday #divinecomedy: image via Stephen Crowley @Stcrow, 1 March 2017


Wearing a ship's cap and jacket, Pres Trump gives a thumbs up to the crew and shipbuilders aboard the USS Gerald R Ford.: image via Mark Knoller @markknoller, 2 March 2017
 

Protesters gather outside the Justice Dept. in Washington. #Sessions: image via Doug Mills @dougmillsnyt, 2 March 2017


Olivier Knox @OKnox
Here's the (a?) relevant exchange from the Sessions confirmation hearing.
Olivier Knox Retweeted Olivier Knox
Olivier Knox added,
Reminder. Original testimony to Senate Judiciary Committee.
image via Olivier Knox @OKnox, 2 March 2017 


Sessions recusal statement: image via Ryan J. Reilly @ryannjreilly



Pres Trump issues written statement in defense of Attorney General Sessions and slamming Dems for playing politics on the issue.: image via Mark Knoller @markknoller, 2 March 2017



Still wearing the USS Gerald Ford cap, Pres Trump returns to WH aboard Marine One.: image via Mark Knoller @markknoller, 2 March 2017

 

Still wearing the USS Gerald Ford cap, Pres Trump returns to WH aboard Marine One.: image via Mark Knoller @markknoller, 2 March 2017



Still wearing the USS Gerald Ford cap, Pres Trump returns to WH aboard Marine One.: image via Mark Knoller @markknoller, 2 March 2017



Pres Trump remained on Air Force One at @JBA_NAFW while AG Sessions made his statement.: image via Mark Knoller @markknoller, 2 March 2017



Still wearing the USS Gerald Ford cap, Pres Trump stepped off Air Force One after AG Sessions ended his news conference.: image via Mark Knoller @markknoller, 2 March 2017



Still wearing the USS Gerald Ford cap, Pres Trump stepped off Air Force One after AG Sessions ended his news conference.: image via Mark Knoller @markknoller, 2 March 2017


"How often do you miss?" asked Pres Trump about planes hooking the arresting gear on a carrier. "Very rarely," he was told.: image via Mark Knoller @markknoller, 2 March 2017
 
  
Earlier, wearing a USA cap, Pres Trump asks the ship's Captain about the combination of aircraft that call the ship home..: image via Mark Knoller @markknoller, 2 March 2017
 
  
And a last thumbs up as Pres Trump rides the aircraft elevator from the hangar deck to the flight deck and Marine One.: image via Mark Knoller @markknoller, 2 March 2017 

  
Began his remarks with a thumbs up - and ends them that way too.: image via Mark Knoller @markknoller, 2 March 2017


Began his remarks with a thumbs up - and ends them that way too.: image via Mark Knoller @markknoller, 2 March 2017